I am a Mormon Forum

Welcome to our forum which is open to everyone that wishes to discuss or share experiences on how to grow closer to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.

You can also learn about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (aka Mormons).

Please login or register (for free) and enjoy the forum.
I am a Mormon Forum

Welcome to our forum which is open to everyone that wishes to discuss or share experiences on how to grow closer to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.

You can also learn about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (aka Mormons).

Please login or register (for free) and enjoy the forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to our forum where everyone is welcome to discuss how to grow closer to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ while learning about the LDS Church. So please share your thoughts and experiences to all. This is not an official web site of the LDS Church.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Intgrity and what it means to you

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MormonDad

MormonDad

Intgrity and what it means to you Empty
PostSubject: Intgrity and what it means to you   Intgrity and what it means to you EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 3:30 am

I was asked this question the other day and it got me to thinking and wanted to see what others thoughts/feelings were on it.

What integrity means to me?

Now there is the old stand by answer on always doing what is right even when no one is looking but I would like to get a bit deeper than that.

I did find a great article on this and thought I would share it with you all.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So please let me know what your thoughts are on the meaning of integrity.
Back to top Go down
CarrieAnne
Member Wooden
Member Wooden
CarrieAnne

PostSubject: Re: Intgrity and what it means to you   Intgrity and what it means to you EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 4:07 am

This is a welcome message in today's world of moral relativism. To me, integrity means doing the right thing because it is the right thing to do. No matter you culture or religion, you know right from wrong and you should act accordingly. All of humanity will benefit from the example set by those who never waiver from the truth, even when it was painful and humiliating not to. I will always judge my own integrity, but I will also look for the integrity in others to judge their true worth. There is often no material benefit (often there is a deficit) to personal integrity, but I hope that every good act benefits us all. One has only to look at our current economic crisis to see that people who stretched the boundaries of morality made a huge profit, but, at the same time, endangered us all. This is a message all of us, morman or otherwise, can benefit from.
Back to top Go down
GeoRioux
Administrator Wooden
Administrator Wooden
GeoRioux

PostSubject: Re: Intgrity and what it means to you   Intgrity and what it means to you EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 12:10 am

Carrie!!

I am so happy that you joined this forum. It is nice to see friends come in here and discuss things we have questions on.

I loved you comments on integrity and how important it is to you for people to be honest and carry integrity with others.

For those whom never waiver from the truth are sometimes taken for granted or not even recognized for what they represent.

I hope that you enjoy this forum and come back often.

Oh...change your avatar would you Smile!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Intgrity and what it means to you   Intgrity and what it means to you Empty

Back to top Go down

Intgrity and what it means to you
Page 1 of 1