I am a Mormon Forum

Welcome to our forum which is open to everyone that wishes to discuss or share experiences on how to grow closer to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.

You can also learn about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (aka Mormons).

Please login or register (for free) and enjoy the forum.
I am a Mormon Forum

Welcome to our forum which is open to everyone that wishes to discuss or share experiences on how to grow closer to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.

You can also learn about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (aka Mormons).

Please login or register (for free) and enjoy the forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to our forum where everyone is welcome to discuss how to grow closer to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ while learning about the LDS Church. So please share your thoughts and experiences to all. This is not an official web site of the LDS Church.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Nighttime bed wetting

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SaturdaysWarrior

SaturdaysWarrior

Nighttime bed wetting Empty
PostSubject: Nighttime bed wetting   Nighttime bed wetting EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 8:37 pm

Can anyone give some input on an issue with a 8 year boy that still wets the bed at night time?

We have done everything from waking him up at several times at night, which is almost impossible for he is a deep sleeper. To awarding him for staying dry.

We are so frustrated at this and really want him to progress. We have heard that some kids wet their bed till 13 on up, which is scary.

If any of you have been in this and have seen things work please provide us with some guidance.

Back to top Go down
CarrieAnne
Member Wooden
Member Wooden
CarrieAnne

Nighttime bed wetting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nighttime bed wetting   Nighttime bed wetting EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 3:28 am

My 8-year-old boy has the same problem unfortunately. I just took him to the doctor for his check up a few days ago. The doctor said that, short of expensive medication which he does not recommend, there is not much you can do. With heavy sleepers, like our boys, having them use the bathroom before bed and restricting water a couple hours before bedtime can reduce the number of accidents, but nothing will stop them. The doctor said that at puberty a hormone is produced by the body that reduces night time urine production and that most cases of bed wetting resolve at this time. While hearing the doctor say this didn't make me happy it did make my son feel a lot better about himself, and I guess I feel less pressure to try and fix it. However, if you do find something that seems to work please share!
Back to top Go down

Nighttime bed wetting
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Discussions :: Parenting-
Jump to: