I am a Mormon Forum

Welcome to our forum which is open to everyone that wishes to discuss or share experiences on how to grow closer to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.

You can also learn about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (aka Mormons).

Please login or register (for free) and enjoy the forum.
I am a Mormon Forum

Welcome to our forum which is open to everyone that wishes to discuss or share experiences on how to grow closer to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.

You can also learn about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (aka Mormons).

Please login or register (for free) and enjoy the forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to our forum where everyone is welcome to discuss how to grow closer to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ while learning about the LDS Church. So please share your thoughts and experiences to all. This is not an official web site of the LDS Church.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mormon Underwear

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MentalistFan

MentalistFan

Mormon Underwear Empty
PostSubject: Mormon Underwear   Mormon Underwear EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 6:42 pm

I am sorry for the odd topic of this question, but it is the only thing that I have heard.

What is with this mormon underwear? I hear that it can save your life and has magic powers.

I dont meant to be rude can someone please answer?
Back to top Go down
GeoRioux
Administrator Wooden
Administrator Wooden
GeoRioux

Mormon Underwear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mormon Underwear   Mormon Underwear EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 5:54 pm

There is no reason for you to be sorry for your question, we are happy to provide you with the answers.

I will try to explain the significance of "Mormon underwear":

A member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (commonly called "Mormons") who has been endowed in the temple (being endowed means that you have made certain covenants with God in the temple) will wear special undergarments (called 'garments' by church members) to remind them of the covenants they have made. This is similar to the way wearing a wedding ring reminds one of the covenant or promise they have with their spouse.

Many other denominations and religions have special robes or other clothing for their clergy which worn outwardly during ceremonies/services, and since Mormons have an all lay (unpaid) clergy, the garment is a sort of 'priestly robe', but worn under our clothing. It is considered sacred and is not discussed in casual conversation. If it is mocked or disrespected it is very offensive to faithful Church members.

The Church published reference book, True to the Faith, says "Once you are endowed, you have the blessing of wearing the temple garment throughout your life... The garment provides a constant reminder of the covenants you have made in the temple. You should treat it with respect at all times. You should not expose it to the view of those who do not understand its significance, and you should not adjust it to accommodate different styles of clothing... Wearing the garment is an outward expression of an inward commitment to follow the Savior."

I hope that this answers your question and if not please let me know and I will try again.

Oh..and welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down

Mormon Underwear
Page 1 of 1